Cat Forum banner

Soooo vocal argh!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Holly 
#1 ·
I have a 6 month old male Burmese, and although he's lovely, friendly and affectionate...it can get very annoying when he is CONSTANTLY mewing and seeking attention from me. Whenever I even look at him, he starts miowing/purring and it's getting really tiring when I just want him to be quiet! I was wondering whether as he gets a bit older, his attention seeking might lessen...and he might become more independent. Obviously he is very kitten like now, so I was just asking to see if his behaviour will change. :) Thank you!

#2 ·
My blue Siamese is like that! He follows me everywhere, and if I speak to him, he answers each individual word. He's extremely needy. He's four years old. At first it was just too much, because he wants to be on me or beside me at all times, but now I have warmed up to the neediness. We must mean a lot to these needy kitties!

#3 ·
My kitty does that too!

If I'm with her in the room and walk out she starts crying. If I'm in the bathroom and get into the shower where she can no longer see me she starts crying! I don't know if it's because she is still getting use to the place or what! Maybe some kitties just need all the attention! Malinda

#5 ·
Instead of getting annoyed I start a funny conversation with my blue point Siamese kitten. Hahahha, he will meow and I will say something like "awww your girlfriend left you?" and he will meow and I will say "awww poor kitty" and he will meow. My boyfriend laughs SO hard when I do this because the kitten just keeps answering and answering and I'm the one to finally stop talking!

#9 ·
Yes, meowing is their way of communicating with us. I think they realize early that we humans are vocal species so they follow our lead. My 3 cats "talk" to me according to the way they see me. Joji meows when I start the conversation as if she is answering me, Skinny is loudest in the morning demanding her breakfast (but is quiet the rest of the day) and QT, being the newcomer, anytime she sees me. So xTreaclex, I believe your cat will adjust as time passes and will be able to sense your moods. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.