Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And if it has a touch of beef she won't even sniff at it. She also way prefers pate! Dry food she will eat anything.

She will go on a hunger strike if you put beef in her bowl! ;)

I am still trying to find the best canned chicken pate as far as nutrition.. She likes Wellness but its sooo expensive. Right now we have Iams. Any ideas on the best chicken pate as far as nutrition?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
As far as nutrition, Wellness, Evo, Innova, Natural's Instinct, Before Grain, are all pretty good. They are more or less in the same price range though, meaning they are more expensive than Iams. But Iams are crappy. I wouldn't feed those stuff to my cats. If you want to save some bucks, you can buy the 13oz cans (Wellness, Evo and Innova all have 13oz cans). Those are a lot cheaper per oz.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I buy my pet food at Feeders Supply. Natural Balance is $1.19 a can there and it's pretty good. Holistic Select is $1.29 and Wellness is $1.49. These are the 5.5 oz cans. I'm hard pressed to find cheaper prices online, especially if shipping is added in. They also have a feeders repeaters card so after you buy 10 bags or cases of the same brand, you get one free. Plus they send out coupons for $3 off a $30 purchase or $5 off $50. So basically 10% off. We don't have a petco or petsmart so I can't compare their prices.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I thought of something else, Felidae is like $20 for 12 13 oz cans on amazon with free shipping. It's chicken or chicken and turkey I think. I was going to get that but my two are used to a variety of flavors and i didn't feel like ordering 3 cases.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Have you tried other flavors of bird? nature's variety instinct has quail and turkey that your cat might like or rabbit (that's the favorite in my house though it's more expensive). My boys are the opposite. When I got them they were on Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lover's Soul. After I transitioned to Before Grain and Nature's Variety, they will hardly touch anything chicken flavored.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts