Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background:

I first met Sophie when I cat sat her and her buddy Levi for a month while their human family was looking for a new home. They were the sweetest, most loving cats I had ever looked after and the whole family fell in love with them. I miss all my 'temporary' kitties but I really had a hard time letting these two go.

They had been back with their family for about a month when I decided to head over to the SPCA to get my kitten fix. Imagine the shock when I walked in to see Sophie, my Sophie, in a little tiny metal cage. I had a melt-down, held her for a bit and went home to talk to the family.

Long story short, Sophie came home with us last night. I don't think anyone could say no to that face :)

I love her little heart :)

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
That's wonderful, she's adorable, love the heart, too.

Kind of sad that she and Levi were separated.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Thank goodness you walked into the shelter and found Sophie!! She must have felt that she was coming home when you got her in your arms.

·
Registered
31 Posts
She is precious. No wonder you fell in love with her.

I'm with Marie, too bad she couldn't have stayed with Levi. Sophie has a good home for sure, and I hope Levi found one, as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish the two of them were able to stay together too. Poor girl, you can tell she misses him. While I was there I asked if she had come in with another cat but they said no. So I don't know what happened to Levi and I'm trying not to think too much about it. My gut tells me he wasn't as lucky as Sophie :(

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sophie is very pretty. Her coloring is wonderful. She does look a trifle sad though, as if something is missing. If her old family found a new home that only allowed one pet, that could be the reason for her ending up in a cage -- poor girl.

I'd say you both got lucky.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Wow - that is total fate that you found her...I'm so happy you were able to take her home. Poor little girl. She is gorgeous and that face - the prettiest eyes! You two were meant to be together obviously!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow - that is total fate that you found her...I'm so happy you were able to take her home. Poor little girl. She is gorgeous and that face - the prettiest eyes! You two were meant to be together obviously!
I completely agree. I wasn't looking to add another cat but that she was there when I just happened to go by was just to much of a coincidence. She was meant to come home with me.

As of this moment, she's lying in front of the keyboard *helping* me type :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts