Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been a month now. The appetite stimulant had him eating, but he is still losing weight. He is breathing out of his nose about 90% of the time now, but still refuses to eat. I know he can smell the food, because he gets down on it then starts scratching at the floor (he always does this when he smells food). As a kitten, he used to scratch at his dry food until it was all over the floor.

We're pretty frustrated. Tried giving him the appetite stimulant ourselves and just made a big mess. Anyone have any ideas? He seems to have a hard time meowing, like it is painful which leads me to think he has a sore throat.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I just don't feel that the vet is doing enough. I can't understand why a vet would let this continue for so long and not try harder to find out what is really wrong with the poor little guy. Were either of these vets recommended to you or have you used them in the past? I just don't know what else to tell you... :(

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I agree, you have been dealing with this for a long time and not getting any real answers. Maybe it's time for another vets opinion.
Good luck! Keep up updated. :)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Until he starts eating more, give him Nutrical to keep him nourished. Rub it into his paws. He'll lick it off. It's a gel, so it won't hurt to swallow. It's high in calories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts