Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, Maxdragon posted spam for his site in the Cats In Need forum. The web site tells about being in trouble for cultivating marijuana, and needing money to save their cats. The website is part of a webring called "Cyberbeggars". While there may or may not really be cats involved, the effort is apparently designed to exploit our member's love for cats.

I visited the site using Mozilla. The site was very sluggish from it's attempts to access features not available to them from Mozilla. I'd be very careful attempting to view it using Internet Explorer.

I'll be gone awhile, but will check back when I return.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It's gotta be a scam, my bullcrap detector went off after reading the first line.

All of my cats have kitty herpes. It is not a sexual disease, but a virus that causes flue-like symptoms upon flare-ups. It is contagious and incureable, though outbreaks can be treated with lysine. Because of the contagion to other cats, my cats are virtually unadoptable.
Let's be logical, and say if all those cats were really unadoptable and he couldn't afford to feed them then why is he paying $20+ a month for AOL when he could be using that money for some cheap-o grocery brand food?

And for security reasons, I don't suggest viewing any page in Internet Explorer. :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts