Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a question about my cat Nyx. I had her spayed 2 days ago, she’s about a year and a half old and since yesterday she has had just as much energy as she usually does and has wanted to move and jump around like normal. She is still getting some pain meds so I don’t know if she’d feel it if she were in pain so I’m just worried that she’s going to hurt herself. I’m ultimately worried about her pulling her stitches (they’re absorbable not surface). I have her confined to my bedroom but I have my bed and a small couch and an ottoman table, and she’s jumping up and down on all of those as she sees fit. She hasn’t been really running but she’s moving around as if she didn’t have surgery. Is this ok? I know it says to keep their activity to a minimum for at least a week, but I don’t want to have to lock her in the laundry room. Is the height of a bed or a couch too much for her to be doing so soon? She is my first cat. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Welcome!

When I adopted the twins, I brought them home the day after they were spayed. They were running around like little monkeys, all the way up the huge cat tree. As long as Nyx (gorgeous kitty!) isn't pulling her stitches, I'd say she sounds like she's doing fine.

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Well, I'm definitely no expert, the twins were spayed almost 11 years ago, but I don't see redness or swelling. My vet would respond if I sent her a picture, maybe you could do that? But from what I can see, it looks fine. Even Cali, after having her front leg amputated a couple months ago, was back to her crazy self after a week. Cats are amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts