Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Apple, I have three pets but right now I wanna talk about one. Her name is Evie, she's around 3-4 she's had two litters and was desexed after the second.

Not too long ago I was awake and heard yowling outside, when I found my cat she was really tense. She has a full on white stain on her lower back and a bite mark on her neck.

These are evident signs of cat mating. But my cat is desexed and no longer goes in to heat anymore as far as I know. So why is this happening?

As well as that, how can I prevent this, I hate seeing my cat in pain and I could tell she was a bit shaken up after the encounter and it sucks to see her that way.

Please help out it'd be really cool to know why this is happening.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
What can I say? Boys will be boys! and with some stud cats they will attempt to mount another cat, whether male, female or kitten. And yes, some of them can be rough when they grasp the skin on the neck to control the female. So it's no wonder your girl was howling. This is the time of year coming into Spring when a lot of females come into heat and the stud cats know it. Suggest you keep your girl inside and only let her go out under your supervision if you have an enclosed yard, or take her out on a harness and leash and let her walk around, or in a cat stroller. Gotta protect our girls!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts