Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I trapped a feral female and had her spayed. She was pregrant, I was told but early stages. I could swear she looks very pregnant now. Is it possible....???? No, can't be. Unless...No. Just can't be. Could she be having a false pregnancy?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Well, since a spay is the equivalent of a hysterectomy, I can't imagine she's pregnant, unless they seriously botched things up! As for what you're seeing...I couldn't say. Perhaps a quick call to the vet would shed some light on things.

·
Registered
12,651 Posts
I had BB spayed this December. She swelled? fattened? blimped? -up and looks like she has a football in her belly. Sideways. But she IS spayed.

She allows me to pet her, rub her belly and pick her up without complaint and I can detect no pain to indicate swelling or gas ... but I don't know why she looks like she's pregnant. The only theory I have is perhaps she has had so many back-to-back-to-back-to-back litters that her abdominal walls are broke down and this is now her perpetual shape.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My guess is that there is some swelling, and it's very possible she is going through a false pregnancy. I've seen it happen before in cats that were spayed during early pregnancy (or late for that matter :( )

Just keep a close eye...if it seems to be getting overly large, or she appears to be acting odd attempt to trap her again and tack her in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts