Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, Captain Jack has come a long way from being a timid, skittish stray. Although you guys might think it's not much...today I had a very special moment with him and I'm very proud of him! It's been about 2.5 months since I trapped him. About a bit less than 1.5 months since he's had freedom to roam in the house.

Usually in the evenings, I'll sit in the living room and he'll hang out in the dining room. He will walk around but if he's lounging, the closest he'll be is in 'his' dining room.

Just now, I was sitting on a huge cushioned ottoman with an ante table beside me. There's a cat bed underneath it where one can look up and see me unobstructed. He sauntered into the living room and headed under the ante table. Then he made himself comfortable on the cat bed and stayed there despite me moving some papers on the table and moving my blankets around! This is a long way from when I couldn't even raise my arms above my head without him scurrying for cover. For the last 2 weeks or so, he'll come for head pats and I've also been able to pick him up for short periods of time. However, he's never chose to lounge close to me like this. I can't wait when he progresses to sitting in my lap! I think he has that lap cat personality...just have to gain his full trust and love first... :) !

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
YAY! As a feral-to-housecat afficionado, I APPLAUD the great moment you had with Capt. Jack this evening!
Our nephew had a 'moment' with our Pretty former-feral over X-mas. She LOUNGED on his LAP and demanded he pet her!

... be sure to ask Capt. Jack why the rum is always gone. ;-)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That's wonderful news! Captain Jack certainly has come a long way in the past few months. I hope he keeps progressing and soon sits in your lap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts