Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got five indoor cats.
Three are neutered males, one speyed female (Roxy) and one female who isn't speyed (Whiskers)

We rescued Whiskers about 2/3months ago. She was extremly skinny, scared of bee picked up, would crouch up in to the corner or run if you went near her. She improved but shes stll scared.

Now, she gets along with our males but not with Roxy our speyed female. Roxys very territorial towards her, she won't let her out of the room, won't let her on the windowsill or in other places and she will attack her.
Whiskers is very scared of her :(

So I really feel bad for the lil Whiskers, do you thinkk this cold be to do with her not being speyed and roxy being speyed? Or just personalitys or something? Willl speying help? Cause I thought it would be the other way around and the unspeyed cat attacking the speyed cat.

*We are planning to spey her but my dog was ill and needed emergency operation so we just need to get the money together.

People need help.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
".....do you thinkk this cold be to do with her not being speyed and roxy being speyed? Or just personalitys or something? Willl speying help? Cause I thought it would be the other way around and the unspeyed cat attacking the speyed cat."

Both. Having her spayed should help, and in any case should be done. If she's been in heat or coming into heat, it's likely bugging Roxy and that's why she's attacking Whiskers. It's may be Whisker's scaredy-cat personality. She's not standing up for herself. You didn't mention how old she was. She may get some backbone as she gets older. On the other hand, it may be a personality thing where Roxy just doesn't like her. I would separate her in another from Roxy (give her some of the males as company) to let her settle down and not be stressed out (which can lead to medical problems). After she's recovered from spaying (say 2 wks.), a baby gate across the door so that she and Roxy and get re-acquainted is a good idea. Gradually, let her out of the room when you can supervise Roxy. Come back to the forum for more ideas at that time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts