Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I picked up some photo´s ... I especially love the ones we took when we visited a little baby Sphynx of four months. Ours (7 months) and little Feio had the time of their lives ... it took them 20 minutes to get used to one another and from then on they started playing and running around.

Our Ozzy in action with little Feio:

Our Akira had a lot of fun with Feio as well:

Akira and Ozzy stole Fei´s favourite sweater:

But welcomed Feio anyway:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I love Akira's coloring! So pretty! :D I was also wondering how the naked kitties on our forum faired after a slap fight with one of their friends. I know my kitties are rough and I've felt their scratches underneith their fur before. Are they more gentle with each other because they are naked? Or do they just go to town and scratch each other silly? :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To put your mind at ease .... they were actually just playing and it looks quite rough on the pictures, but there were no scratches or anything ... we kept a close look as you never know with cats ... but not even a single tiny scratch on either of them.

In addition after two hours of playing and running around ... they fell asleep on a pillow, all three of them together all snuggled up

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luvmysphynx said:
Super cure pictures! It is great that you found someone in your area that has a Sphynx! After talking to vets in my area, we heard there are only 3 other familys near us, that have a Sphynx. :D
Hihihi ... as we live in the middle section of Holland and it´s no more than two and a half hours drive to the upper North, as well as a two and a half hours drive to the lower South ... I guess you could say everywhere where there are Sphynxes here, is actually in the neighbourhood :wink:

An estimated guess is that there are about 300 plus Sphynxes in Holland, the breed has become/is quite popular over here

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
They are like karate guys! LOL
I love those pictures :D
Its amazing how quickly they came round to each other :)

Moved to meet my kitty :)

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
I just wanted to ask....do Sphynxies get injured easier with them having no fur? i.e from claws, teeth, etc, or can they play as rough as any normally-furred cat? Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
emma_pen said:
I just wanted to ask....do Sphynxies get injured easier with them having no fur? i.e from claws, teeth, etc, or can they play as rough as any normally-furred cat? Thanks!
They can (and will) play as rough as any cat. They do not get injured that easily as they have a thicker/tougher skin (?? is that good English ... sorry if it isn´t, but can´t find any better words for it).

It is very rare for us to find any scratches on them after they´ve been playing around with each other. And they play a lot ... running after one another, jumping on top of each other etc etc ... wish I had a camera to film it, but no camera is fast enough :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Great actions shots!!!! Pictures are so cute of them interacting together.. This is the first time Ive seen a spotted one! How cute!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Beautiful kitties and your English is fantastic! I can't imagine communicating in a foreign language. Thanks for sharing your darling pictures.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
luvmysphynx said:
A Sphynx feel like a warm peach! They radiate heat, so when you touch them you feel their heat. They are great to snuggle with at night!
A snuggly kitty? 8O Sounds good! :D That must be nice - since my kitties have fluffy fur they don't like snuggling with me for long - but enjoy sitting in my lap from time to time. I wouldn't trade them for the world though.

But I would love to have a cat that would snuggle up with me (I better stop getting ideas before they get out of control!) :lol: I have a tendency to want every cat I read about. I just love cats so much! :luv

How friendly are these kitties? I think I might have to look them up now. :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aeki Muffinhands said:
...How friendly are these kitties? I think I might have to look them up now. :lol:
The breed in general is famous for their friendliness, they love humans, their own kind and often they adore other pets like cats and dogs as well. Please be carefull if you start looking into them ... they are very, very addictive :wink:
They simply love to cuddle and will actually DEMAND attention. We love the way they do that, but not everyone does as they simply won´t take NO for an answer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts