Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Vet suggested we start Sparky on a limited food diet to find out which food she is allergic to. I bought some Natural Balance Duck and Pea both dry and canned. Well for almost 3 days she turned her nose up to both. I started to worry about her for not eating and finally gave in to giving her some regular food. For those three days her scratching and rubbing almost quit but after 8 hrs of giving her the other food the scratching returned. Does anyone have any tips on how to get a spoiled cat to eat her special food ?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
There are other brands with duck based foods. nationalpetpharmacy.com lets you sort food by protein source. You might try a few of them.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Oh I feel your pain! My vet thought Mimi might have a food allergy because of an ear infection - this was a new vet. She ate the Duck & Pea for about a week and then refused to eat it anymore. I tried to switch food brand and went to venison - and she wouldn't eat anything for more than a week or two - she is a cat that needs to have variety in her food I guess - spoiled brat. Luckily for me, it turns out that her recurring ear infection isn't caused by food allergy but by polyps in her ears that on occasion will leak - the other vet at the practice noticed that she had the polyps ... so I now just treat her with once weekly Zymox drops and she is able to eat whatever she wants. I would try to find different food for her to eat. Mimi's favorite was the Ziwi Peak, I will say - but it is SOOOO expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts