Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
There's a couple of those at the sanctuary I volunteer at. The 'steps' came off within the first week (a'course we have over 20 cats using the thing!), but they still get up to the top just fine with jumping.

I'm not sure if ours are Armarkat, but the posts are also just cardboard under the sissel rope. The cats clawed right through them, and two are now completely off (you'd think we had beavers in that room!), and the whole thing is tilting...I'm afraid it's going to topple over at any minute, but so far it's been okay.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Armarkat trees have a good reputation and they have nothing but positive reviews. They also sell replacement parts for each of the trees in case the cats do get a bit wild. A friend of mine has had her armarkat tree for several years and it's in very good condition after roughing out her three cats, so I have high hopes for this one :)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Well, like I said, I'm not sure if they're a knock-off brand or not.

In the front room we have a few smaller cat trees that are made with solid wood boards and posts with carpet on them. Even though the carpet is all torn up, the wood underneath is still perfectly sturdy.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll let you know what the posts are made from since it doesn't specify on the website once it arrives. The ramps are going to need to work because I want the tree at least partially accessible to Winry. Luckily they have a satisfaction guarantee and a return policy if I am not happy with the order. Also I think they have 6 month warranty

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Well, they're not too steep. As long as you don't clip or cap her front claws, I'm sure she could haul herself up there okay. Paizly digs her claws into the bed mattress and couch cushions, and hauls herself up there just fine...and she has NO back legs.
But yeah, maybe an extra ramp with a less steeper slope might be good anyway.

You'll know when you get it how it'll work. Anyhoo, YAY for spoiling kitties! My dad thinks I'm weird when I spend $30 on "fancy" cat food, and then eat turkey sandwiches for a week myself. LOL

·
Registered
106 Posts
We bought the exact same one through Amazon. I am happy with the product for now as we just got it. It's only being used sporatically by our 5 month old. Hopefully, when we get his playmate in December, they will utilize it more often.
We like the faux fur over carpet covering. It has a real nice feel although its not very thick so you might need some extra cushioning on the top 3 platforms. All in all, it was super easy to put together with good instructions.

The posts with the sisal rope are lightweight but not sure what the material is under the rope. I will have to check when I get home.

Your cats will be spoiled for sure.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
We have had that same tree fro several years and it gets daily use by our 6 cats. we didn't put the second house and high post on top of that. We wanted a big platform for our big "fluffy" cats to be able to stretch out as they look out the window.

The upper ramp gets a fair amount of use and it is holding up well, although I noticed yesterday that it is a little loose so I am going to need to secure it better. It is a little wobbly overall and I really don't know how to fix that. I have it shoved against a wall for a little extra stability.

I would buy an Armakat again despite that aforementioned problems.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm pretty excited to have space in our new place for a really HUGE cat tree, the cats will have the run of the whole basement basically and we're going to get something awesome for them to play in. We thought we'd put it down there because on those rare occasions when we have to go away overnight that will be their safe space (providing there are windows) and also because I hazard a guess that will be their hiding spot when company comes.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ours will spend the rest of the fall on our screened in porch (AKA the cat room LOL), then it's going to winter out in my bedroom. I know my cats will love it. They loved my old one and it really wasn't even that great. I'm excited, I can't wait til it gets here!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
That's a Cadillac of cat trees! My Armarkat tree is holding up just fine after about 4 years, so I think they're great. I even recommended them to a friend who's about to get her second cat, and it should be arriving soon. :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My I'm jealous! I only got an el cheapo tree house thing from Walmart. My dad already complains about the amount of cat related items I got like toys and beds so I can't get another tree.

My house is a zoo with 2 cats...I can't imagine having 6!

Btw, how's Winry doing?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She's doing great. She is actually top-cat around my house, ruling as queen bee besides high king Magneto. She beats everyone up!! She still needs another surgery to get her pins removed but Dr. Jason was worried that the bones hadn't fused enough the last time he saw her. There is some drama over at my old job at the spay/neuter clinic, drama that I worry will get in the way of Winry's medical care. I may take her to my emergency clinic for radiographs and a second opinion by Dr. Mark, who is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the state. If I have to foot the bill for Winry, then that's ok, because I love her and I want the best for her. (and because I'll get a good deal because I work there anyways!)

In other news... the cat tree has just shipped today!! *dances*

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yaaaay! I really wanna see your pictures :D I want to build one (I'm actually on the process of building it) and it would be great to have some ideas :smiles

Say hi to Magneto from my part :love2

·
Registered
469 Posts
I WANT ONE!!!!! LOL
We have a nice tree for our critters, but it is 7 years old and the sisal is all coming off, we could rewrap it I am sure, but now that I've seen this one, replacing is becoming a better option haha...maybe a Christmas present for the critters!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts