Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very outgoing kitty who greets everyone, talks all the time, fetches, and is just a pleasure to be around. That is until this morning when something spooked her in my kitchen and now she won't even come to me or my husband, Every noise makes her run and hide. She just creeps around the house very cautious like something is going to happen. I am in tears. I want my sweet little show off back but I'm not sure she will ever be the same. What should I do. I have had cats my whole life (I'm 64) but never has this happened. Do I carry her around the house, if I can hold her? Should I put her in a quiet room and let her get calmed down and used to that room and then let her loose to get used to the house again? Any other ideas?? She is such a sweetheart and now she is so scared I don't know if she will ever be the same.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
I would give her time. Just go about your normal routine and she'll come around. You'll probably never know what happened, which is frustrating, but she should be back to her normal self in a day or two. This has happened with my girls, too.

Reactions: M&E

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Is she food motivated? Maybe shaking her favorite treat bag will bring her out. Or maybe when she's out creeping around, have her favorite toy by you and show it to her. Something spooked my Cleo, and all day yesterday, she was scared to eat. She would take one bite, look at me, look all around her, then another, and then walk away. Today, it's like nothing happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She isn't food motivated,she would rather play. We got to hold her so that is a start and now she is sleeping on my lap, where she jumped by herself. This s a good sign,,,I even got a couple of kitty kisses on my nose,,,,lol

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Awwww, that's sweet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like she is coming around. You can try some calming spray as well. It helped my kitty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts