Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Spook at 6-7 months, understands that when I'm cooking or eating he is NOT allowed on the table or counters. He caught onto this very fast, which I am very proud to share.

The last three days he has done a few new and odd things.

First he started "helping" me wash dishes. Like a typical man (no offense) he doesn't really help. He sits 2" from the kitchen sink and watches me. What makes this so odd for me, is that 6" from him is my Betta. You would think a fish would be WAY more interesting than watching me wash the dishes.

Second new thing is he started hugging me. If I am sitting at the table he will run up to me and will either climb onto the chair, stand up and wrap both paws around my shoulders nudging me with his head or licking my ear (YUCK). If he can not get on the chair he will stand up and hug my tummy, nudging my tummy and licking my elbow.

I thought at first he wanted something, and I guess in a way he does. He wants me. ALL THE TIME, which I really love about it but this hugging, I've never had a cat do that before.

The other thing he is doing lately is knocking over cups/glasses. That is driving me nuts. Doesn't matter if its on a table, counter or floor, if there is a cup (full, half full or empty) he must dump it, its like a life goal for him.

For the most part I don't mind these but that cup thing... grrr, LOL.
What a stinker eh?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Sounds like Ninja at that age. Endlessly curious! He turned over a cup of Mango juice on my brand new sofa chair and I about hit the ceiling. He's gotten better with age. Right now spook just has to check out everything because this is a whole new exciting world he has to explore and check out. My Ninja likes to help with the dishes too, he will climb inside the dishwasher to do so. Kittens! Who'd have em!
Spook sounds precious! Congrats on your new addition!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts