Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of people have commented that Ridley looks very much like Toby (in photos at least - in real life Ridley is so huge in comparison it wouldnt be difficult to notice I got a new cat -that and the fact that he has two eyes of course!)

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to make a picture of them both to see if people could tell which is which. They are sleeping so you cant tell how many eyes they have - lol

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Ridley's on the right, I noticed from the 1st picture you posted of him how is mask is rather unusual especially on the left side of his face.
Also even in this picture his body is much larger in comparison to his head.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cat on the left certainly does have longer fur than the one on the right ;)

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has Ridley had any more run in with that bully cat that was picking on the kitten?
Nope - but the kitten keeps coming into the garden to see if Ridley is 'coming out to play'. Very cute. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is that color considered "orange"? (I read somewhere a rather technical discussion re: there is no such color as orange in a cat, but you all know what I mean). I see a lot of stray cats in my condo complex, two I classify as orange tabby (orange pattern all over body), but I recently saw one that had similar coloring/pattern to your lovely felines. I'd never seen the cat--or its' coloring--before. And, much different body types.
Thanks.
(PS: it's one of the ones I hope to TNR this weekend.)
Thanks.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its called orange in the States but over here (UK) my boys would be described and ginger and white tabbies ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks. For some reason it hadn't occured to me there could be a ginger and white cat, only an all ginger cat.
Notwithstanding my own cat is black and white.....

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Actually they're usually called Red Tabbies, so Toby and Ridley would be red tabbies with white or red and white tabbies.
In the UK people with this color hair are referred to as Gingers and we call them Redheads.
For some genetic reason Red Tabbies are most often male and all the ones I've know have been good sized cats.
Samantha Papa was was a gorgeous Dark Red Mackerel Tabby, when I went to pick out my cat he laid on my bag.
This was his sign of approval that I was worthy of 1 of his children.
Samantha had 3 half sibling from a different mother that were 2 months older, 3 red and white tabbies, 2 girls and a boy and I almost choose one of the girls.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didnt know that (obviously) - I thought you guys always described them as orange tabbies. :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Here in Canada were all mixed up because of British heritage and American proximity, and sometimes they're called orange and sometimes ginger. Missy is big, female and her colour is ginger as far as I'm concerned.

Toby and Ridley look to be great cats. I thought the righthand cat was the largest, but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks for the info about gender. It helps me figure out which cats I need to get TNRd first (trap-neuter-release).
Same with calicos (80/90% are female; if male, sterile).
The two ginger/red cats in my feral/stray/dumped colony are male, petite, but that may more a factor of food being somewhat limited than anything.
The ginger/red cat with a white belly was LARGE; I hope to TNR her/him Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
It's funny that they even seem to be sleeping in a similar position.
Definitely Toby on the left Ridley on the right.
I bet it seemed odd to pick Ridley up at first. A real load of cat in your arms!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts