Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just joined hoping to gain some insight on my current problem. I have a male cat who I adopted as a stray when he was about 6 months old. He is around three now and up until about 6 months ago he used to be an outdoor cat , but do to fights with other cats he is now an indoor cat. Everything has been great until recently he has started spraying all over the house.

We have two other cats in the house, two females. They all get along together and they each have their own litter box and areas in the house. One of the females had a urinary tract infection that has been treated with antibiotics and is now fine, but during that period she had a few accidents which started this new spraying problem. I have caught all of them doing it, but the male is the worst! He's been to the vet and he checked out fine so its a behavioral problem. These cats are driving me crazy.

I've cleaned each time they spray with a urine cleaner with enzymes, and resprayed it with that pheromone spray to deter them from peeing there again. But they just find somewhere else to spray. As of right now the male is back outside and the two females haven't sprayed since he's gone out, but I really want to find a way to reintroduce him back into the house and break this habit because he doesn't do well outside. Any suggestions are much appreciated! Oh and both females are also fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made a reply yesterday but it said it needed to be approved, figured it would of been by now. Hope it didn't just disappear. I've replied to a few but still the only thing that's showed up are my first 3 posts. If it ever does gets approved, i hope i helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts