Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. My 6YO cat has sores on her face and neck which seem to spread. The top part of the sore will scab and heal, and the bottom part will spread to an area below or next to it. I have taken her to the vet and none of the treatments he gave made any difference. I think the injections were anti inflammatory and a long lasting anti-allergy one, but I could be mistaken. I think he gave 3 injections of different things.
She is eating, eliminating, and behaving normally. And is fed a good quality wet food, which agrees with her.
Does anyone have any clue what it could be so I can point the vet in the right direction? 拢150 per vet visit with no improvement isn鈥檛 good, and my heart sinks every time I see her wounds. She has also been scratching the wounds/scabs.
Thanks 馃檹

Premium Member
You need to bring her immediately to another vet, today. What are you feeding her? Be specific

Reactions: miscellaneous

Premium Member
Also, What did the vet tell you about this? Be Specific

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The food she eats is called purely holistic.
You need to bring her immediately to another vet, today. What are you feeding her? Be specific
She鈥檚 fed 鈥淧urely Holistic鈥.
The vet said it could be an allergy to a flea bite or her food. But didn鈥檛 seem very concerned which surprised me, and also made me less concerned. She doesn鈥檛 have fleas, but he said it could have been just one bite. I found fleas on her years ago and she never reacted like this. I鈥檝e tried changing her food and nothing has changed. It isn鈥檛 a fast spreading thing, the bottom part spreads as the top part heals. I鈥檝e been unable to find anything on the internet that sounds like or looks like what ever her condition is. I also have another cat who has been completely unaffected.

Premium Member
Are you going to take him to another vet? Those are open sores that need attention. Are you feeding him any type of fish food?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts