Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squeek is usually a chatty cat with a repertoire of several sounds she makes depending on the situation. She meows, peeps, chirps, trills and grunts, among some other sounds. I haven't figured out what they all mean, except meow means 'feed me'!

So she was sitting on my desk looking out the window, and started making the strangest sound, with her lower jaw almost vibrating. The closest thing i can think of to describe it is squirrel chatter. She did it several times, each time looking up and out the window. I couldn't see anything there, although there are often birds or squirrels in the trees out there.

wonder what other surprises she has in store:p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've heard my boy make a sound described best by "ack ack ack". I've heard other cats do it, and it mostly happens while staring at birds through the window. One time Matti was doing it at a wasp above the door!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yeah I love that one. Always at some "prey" type animal. Bug, bird , squirrel, whatever. I just chalk it up to excitement after all i have heard people cheer on ball games a lot, so i figure why not.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yup, lots of cats 'chatter' when they're watching critters that they want to hunt.
Nebbie crouches down when she does it, but Xanthe perks up and leans forward for it.
Paizly, being the scaredy cat she is, will run and hide if the prey gets too close! If a magpie is hopping around on the grass, she's fine...as soon as it steps foot on the cement under the awning, she acts as if it's coming to get her!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts