Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking I might get a can of Ssscat spray to keep Tucker (dog) and Willie (cat) out of the trash. As the trash is now it's in a cabinet but the cabinet door isn't held closed by anything, it's not the type that swing's shut when you push it past a certain point or something like that. It used to have a magnet that kept it closed but that was way back in the day and it does not work anymore. The ssscat spray is just compressed air with a motion detector. I was wondering if anyone has used it before/knows someone who uses it.

My concern is that it will go off when I don't want it to. I plan on placing the can inside of the cabinet door, in front of the trash can, so that if the dog or cat open the door and their head/paw pops through or they step inside the can will spray. But I don't know what the range or periphery of the motion sensor is. If I aim the spray at the opposite wall of the cabinet (so it sprays across the opening) do you think it would go off when people open the cabinet door or would it not be able to see that movement? If it's gonna go off every time the door opens then it's a waste of money. So I was wondering if any of you knew.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had the same question recently, here's my post:
Sssscat deterrent?
I bought one but I haven't put it up yet. Partially because I only have one and there's a few places I want to use it. I would say get it and give it a try and see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts