Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So my beautiful is now 19. Petrified that she’ll die any minute. She has been with me over half my life. She’s seen me get married, have 3 babies - she even grooms them herself.

Anyway, she had a check up, all fine, she’s had some weight gain but he wasn’t concerned as she was a bit underweight before.

I have noticed her struggling to get up the stairs more though. We have all the other things in place to help an elderly cat. Food upstairs, litter tray, steps at the side of the bed. I just can’t see an idea to help her up the stairs??

Hubby is good with diy so trust he could make something if needed. I’m thinking of like a ramp?? Don’t know if that would even work! Have no idea but that’s why I’m here ☺

Anyway, any ideas?? Not bothered about nailing, drilling or the carpet if it helps her

Thanks in advance x

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Congrats on having a cat live to 19 yrs.! a credit to your good care. :) I have one cat in his 16th yr., and we have a lofted condo but he hasn't had any problem yet in going up or down the stairs. I think a ramp sounds like a good solution... a board not too wide maybe 4 in. wide with a bit of carpet on it to give a better grip might do the trick. Let us know what you come up with as I may need something like that one of these days. There are also pet ramps or stairs for sale of all different types---steps, ramps, some are even portable---check out Amazon under "pet ramps or stairs" to see a large selection of what's available All the best!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts