Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in the kitchen and heard sly making a chirpy meow it was a new nose at least for him when i looked he was stalking a fly yuck but what i cant figure out is why he was talking to it. yes he caught and ate the fly yuck i was just getting ready to find a fly swatter i hate flies. im confused i mean stalking should be done silently at least that's been the norm for all my previous cats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Roxie does this. We have accidentally let in a few flies and a moth since we got her and she stalks them and makes unusual noises. She especially does this if the insect is out of her reach. I think it is hilarious bc I feel she is trying to convince him to fly lower so she can catch him. :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Squeek makes an 'ack-ack-ack' sound at the birds she sees outside but can't get at. She also 'talks' to her toys. Haven't seen my two make noises at bugs, but I've seen other cats do that, esp when they can't reach them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's the thing the fly was on the floor it landed about a foot in front of him. dont get me wrong i thought it was cute well except the eating it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Smudge makes the Ack-ack-ack sounds, first with our budgies, and then when they passed at all outdoor birds that land near the window. She loves talking to them.

·
Banned
603 Posts
Mia makes that weird sound too when she sits in the window and she watches the birds in the trees. We live on the second floor so she has a really good view!

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
My girls chatter at flies, moths, etc. When my first cat did this, I didn't know what it was and almost rushed Cinderella to the E.R. because I thought she was having a fit. What a noob!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Io chitters like that at the construction guys on the balcony lol. Also at the birds outside.

I heard that the chatter is an instinctual motion, that they use when breaking the necks of prey. Dunno if it's true though.

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
Gigi used to chatter at my girls. :shock:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ollie chatters at flies too. Sounds kinda like a monkey. My husband thinks he's flipped his lid when he does this.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess it not as strange as i thought i got my first cat when i was 5yrs old and since then i have always had at least one cat but sly is the first one to do this.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
looks like you can get rid of your fly swatter! how considerate of your kitty to clean up for you. :eek:rcat

·
Registered
412 Posts
Every few days a spider makes its way into the apartment. Apple will wander around talking to it and telling it stories. As soon as Pedro hears her doing this he swoops over and quickly gobbles the spider leaving Apple with a look of "But you ate my buddy!" LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts