Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any star Wars fans here? What do you think? I think the biggest secret they're keeping is who the heroes are going to be, although I've heard mention that Luke has a son, Ben. IF they follow the standard formula, the story will follow a new group of heroes, and one of the heroes from episodes 4-6 will die. also major changes must occur. As of the end of Jedi, Han and Leia are married. and Luke is a full-fledged Jedi.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
don't have any guesses myself, but i'm looking forward to it! back in the 70's my family use an old fashioned tape recorder and snuck it into the theater in my mom's big purse and we recorded the Star Wars movie. i listened to it probably a hundred times or more and i can still recite quite a bit of the movie. ha ha!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the trailer has been out for several weeks now. Whaddya think?

I hope they're not afraid to use a little ORIGINALITY. new situations, fresh characters...

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
I think he's milk the series dry and has taken a cult classic and diluted it to sensational garbage.

Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing the prequels messed up, IMO is the droids. Artoo and Threepio are supposed to have been around for 200 years at the time of A New Hope. Maybe Anakin was RE-building Threepio? They're supposed to be staple characters of any Star Wars movie. I hear Anthony Daniels is supposed to be in ep 7.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I remember waiting in a VERY long line to see the first Star Wars movie!! It blew me away!
Nothing like that had been done like that, at that time!
So I'm still very fond of all the Star Wars episodes/installments, movies!!
I want to see how our characters have aged and wised up, where they're at, what they're doing, etc...
I think it will be interesting!:p

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, they're keeping as tight a lid as they can on things. They're withholding any images of Luke until the movie's release at Christmas.

A little-known fact about the franchise. One of George Lucas's plot 'rules' was that the more a Jedi uses the force, the more susceptible that Jedi becomes to the lure of the dark side.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have tix, yet? I've heard that midnight showings are your best bet for getting in to see the movie on the 18th. Bring a pup tent. If you don't get in, camp out til morning and wait for the matinee! There's another movie already in production. This one's about the young Han Solo. Not a sequel, more of a...er...ump-YOU KNOW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts