Cat Forum banner

staring at the wall

22K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  kitkat 
#1 ·
ok i seem to be posting alot today :wink: but anyway, my cat buick (dont ask, my bf named him :roll:) sits like 2 inches from the wall and just stares at it.....i have no idea what he sees.....must be a ghost or something.....anyone elses cat just sit and stare at the wall?

#2 ·
Hello Maegan - welcome to the forum
I haven't seen any of my kitties doing it for so long. But they do stare at times - it is mostly at things that move though.
I hope you will find an asnwer :) for I wasn't much help here :roll: .

#3 ·
Hi, is it possible at all there could be critters living in there? I read a case Pam Johnson-Bennet solved where a cat kept running into the wall. His owner thought he was a little nuts but Pam figured out there were mice. Just a thought!

#7 ·
My cat has only recently started staring at the wall, although he isnt just spacing out, he seems genuinely interested. Now and again he will dive at a shadow, or the shiney hinges on the door. Its odd because in his 11 years here, he never did that. Now, he'll crawl under desks, or sit beside dressers, and just watch. Do cats go senile? Or maybe find their inner kitten?

#8 ·
Senile? Actually as funny as that sounds, it could be. Think about how old your cat is in cat years -- and compare that with a human. Cats go through the same things we do when we age...arthritis, sensitive bowels, loss of hearing and sight, and yes...they even get senile. :)

#10 ·
My cat once just sat down and starting staring at the wall. Then my dogs came and they sat down next to her and stared at the wall to see what was up. Ten seconds later my dogs left to go play tug-of-war, but my cat just kept staring. Abruptly she curled up in her cat furniture thing and just went to sleep. It was kind of weird when it happened, but now it seems really funny. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.