Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am going away next week for 5 nights, my kittens cant come with me.

My cousins girlfriend has asked me if she can look after the kittens while we are away.

She cant stay at my house to look after them as she has to work close to where she lives (which is about 40mins drive) and she doesnt drive, so i would have to take the kittens to her.

Do you think they will ok with being in a new environment for a few days with a strange person?
They have met her before in my house.

If it makes any difference, when i first bought them home, they settled straight away, this was Enzo within an hour of coming home with me for the very first time:-

Sleeping on my shoulder

Sleeping on my tummy

My only other option for while im away would be to ask my mom to look after them, but i know she would just pop in to feed them and change their litter, and then leave as she is allergic, so they wouldnt get any proper human stimulation.

What do you lot think would be best for them?

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you're going to bring them over to someone else's house, probably you should give them something with your scent on it, as well as toys and treats that they play with often and are used to.

Shortly after I got Apollo, I had to leave for 5 days as well, and my boyfriend came to my apartment every day to feed him and scoop his litter. He only stayed overnight with him once, and the rest of the time he popped in for a couple of minutes. I really think it made Apollo a little sad, since I am usually here with him 24/7.

Whatever you decide, just make sure they have plenty of toys and things to do. Are they used to being alone over night, or more than a day?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are alone during the day when i am at work.
They havent been left overnight though.

I was planning on taking everything they have with them, they have a bed each, a blanket they snuggle on, a scratchpost/tunnel, balls with bells, balls with feathers and little mouse type things that they love.

Ill also take some treats to give her and some catnip spray.

My cousins girlfriend has a cat climber that she had for her cat before she was run over and killed in November last year, which she is going to let me take home when i pick the cherubs up after my trip.

She knows that under no circumstance are they allowed outside. She has recentl moved into an apartment anyway so escape would be difficult.

Im just unsure of weather the stress of being in a new environment for a few days is more than the stress of not having a whole load of company for a few days, but still getting the essentials.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts