Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The one time I ever gave Murphy a catnip toy, he wasn't that interested and never had any effect from it, so I chalked him up as a "just say no" cat when it comes to catnip.

Then for Christmas my sister made little cloth pouches of homegrown catnip from their backyard for Murphy. There must be something about the homegrown stuff, because he loves them! He's even protective of his little pouches. These pictures are called, "Step away from the catnip blankie."

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Cute pictures! I gave my cat Satin some catnip once and she went wild over it - the next time I gave it - she didn't even like it. I don't know what thats about - LoL.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I always got the dry catnip, and crumbled some from my fingers into a little pile on the floor. Paizly eats it, then goes back to bed. No effect at all!
Nebbie gets a little twitchy and rolls around for about a minute... but then back to normal.

Right now I'm growing catnip in my terrarium (so they can't get to it until it's fully grown!), and I'm gonna try it when it's bigger (just sprouts right now) to see if they like fresh 'nip better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts