Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want to bring you down. But it's been almost a year,now since Percy died, and since Robin Hood came into my life. Losing my buddy...well. But the moment I looked into Robin's eyes,I knew I'd found another friend. The thing is...they're so DIFFERENT! Percy was a laid back,friendly...SNUGGLEBUG. Robin is an adventurous,playful monkey of a cat. I'm still adjusting. And I still miss Percy. I want to be there for my kewl,wonderful Robin Hood. But letting go? Way easier said than done.

·
Super Moderator
26,663 Posts
Wow, has it been a year already?

This month marks two years since I lost Cinderella. It still hurts, always will, but less and less over time.

You'll start remembering the good times with Percy more often than thinking about losing him. And RH is a little character!! I think Percy thought you needed a challenge and sent Sir Robin to you. :grin:

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
It's been almost a year since I lost Samantha and I still miss her everyday, Chiquita has been a blessing and my love for her has grown greatly.
She didn't replace Samantha in my heart, she made her own place.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
we all still hurt : (

yes, i think i understand how you feel, too. it hasn't even been 2 months for us since we lost Kitty, but i really find it hard to even look at her picture sometimes. i still feel the tug on my heart and the tears could come so easily if i let them. I definitely feel like Kitty led us to Angel, though, in our time of need. It was the very next day that we went to the shelter because we felt so lost and alone. Angel saved us from complete despair and I like to think we also saved her at her lowest point at the shelter.

they are all very different and completely lovable in their own way. you have a really big heart for allowing Robin Hood to come into your life after Percy. i'm sure Percy would want you to be happy and not let your sadness stop you from sharing your love with others who need you still. you honor him by doing so. hang in there. :heart

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
It's been one year, two months, one week and five days since I lost my sweet Shmoo, Smokey. His second birthday would have been last Friday, so it's been really hard for me. I still talk to the box that I have his ashes in, and I will occasionally cradle it in my arms, kiss the top, and tell him how much I love and miss him. We took Momo in two months later. She has been a joy to have and it helps that she does look a bit like him. But there are times when the guilt I have over Smokey's passing blind sides me and I miss him like it was yesterday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts