Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, they never left, indoors, but in the past three days I have seen three of them. Or to be precise, the kitties saw two of them, me one--two alive, one dead. For the first, I suddenly had four cats on my kitchen table, looking up. So I looked up, too, saw nothing at first, but I knew they were seeing something, so I kept looking, and finally I found a stinkbug crawling on the kitchen light fixture.

Yesterday, Little Hersh was playing with something, turned out it was a dead stinkbug. At least he had the good sense not to eat it, as they all eat other insects.

Fortunately, unlike flies, stinkbugs just sit there as you go after them with a paper towel. Thank goodness evolution hasn't yet given them fast reflexes! Down the toilet they go, immediately, as they are hard to crush, and they supposedly give off a stink when you do.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
They give off a really nasty stink when you pick them up with your bare hands. That stink is hard to get rid of. Last summer my sister was fostering a little kitten who LOVED to eat the stink bugs. He always smelled like burned petroleum products and oily burnt almonds.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Duke tried to eat a bug last summer and got sprayed by it, now from reading your post I'm guessing it was a stinkbug because it smelled awful when I went over to try to comfort him!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts