Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for such a gross first post. :roll: Our 5-month-old kitten Xander has a soft, stinky stool. It is colored the same as the food, which leads me to believe he's not digesting it very well. He acts happy, active, and healthy in every other regard. We feed all our cats Purina Kit and Kaboodle or Meow Mix, which I'm now realizing is cheap and crappy, so I plan to switch to something better soon.

Our 3 adult cats (ages 2 and 3) occasionally regurgitate after eating, or once in a while throw up a little bit of greenish foam. What in the world could this be? Is it related to kitten Xander's problem? Again, these cats seem healthy enough except for this.

All cats are current on vaccinations. Xander was hospitalized about 2 months ago (shortly after we found him in a ditch :cry: ) for a bacterial intestinal infection. He was put on fluid and antibiotic IVs and came through Ok. All cats have been wormed pretty thoroughly.

Could this just be the crappy food? Any ideas? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Hi, kristi, and welcome! Everybody here deals with cat poop and vomit, don't worry about grossing us out! :D
I think changing food will help the kitten's stool a lot. My 9 year old cat, Velvet was on cheap food when we got her and I remember exactly what you are describing. It will also get better as he gets older.
Not sure about the greenish foam. My cat will occasionally vomit some food too. I have mentioned it to my vet and she was not concerned. I would certainly think better food may help them too.
Again, welcome!

·
Registered
175 Posts
There might have been something in the food, if he looks healthy, isnt running off into a hiding spot to be alone, isnt shivering, he might have just eaten something that didnt agree with him.

You could try changing food, or put soemthing in it to help with his digestion. If it continues wiht diffrent food take him to the vets.

Green foam, i have seen this in dogs, is yoru cat an outside cat? It could be grass our stomach acids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts