Cat Forum banner

Stitches help D:

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  swimkris 
#1 ·
ok so the cat i adopted from petsmart ( rescues leave cats there to help increase their chances of ebing adopted) has stitches. I just noticed this. now when i adopted her, they said she was fixed but no starilization cert or anything. no " take this cat to this vet to have them removed" so now i am waiting for tomorrow to call the vet. they look like silver string. I am just gonna be mad if they do need to be removed ._. and ill have to pay if i cant get ahold of the resuce and from what i hear it takes days for them to get ahold of people ._.

now she doesnt like it or anything, doesnt seem swallon, red but i notice some... black around the stitches, should i be worried?

#4 ·
I had to take my girls to get their stitches out after I adopted them, but I was told what day to take them, etc. The rescue should have all that information for you, but you really should have been told.

Then again, like Krissy said, they could be dissolving stitches, but they should have let you know that, too, for your own peace of mind.

I think it's great you adopted a cat from Petsmart! I used to volunteer in their cattery. I loved seeing them get new homes. :grin:

#5 ·
yea i go to petsmart alot and always wanted to adopt from there so when i got the chance i was like we have to. so my family went ON easter and adopted her for me :D i was really hopeing they would of said something as well, cause i have been worried. She doesnt bother them which is good but, even if i callt he rescue i would have to drive over 2 hours away to go to the vets close to them if its where they took the cat. ._. because the local petsmart usually takes cats from the resuces who are really in teh middle of nowhere to help increase the chances of them being adopted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.