Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cat Lovers,

What is the best way you have found to stop your catch from scratching the furniture and curtains?

I have tried all the different sprays (that you spray onto the furniture), putting the cat tape on the furniture etc. I feel I have literally tried everything and my cat will not stop scratching

Help!!!

·
Super Moderator
26,380 Posts
I've been very fortunate in that none of my girls have scratched any of my furniture, besides when they walk up to it and put their paws on it and streeeeeeetch out. But I do keep cardboard scratchers in every room. They love them. They also hang out on them and sleep on them. They also love sisal, either on small cat posts or cat tree legs.

I'm surprised the cat tape hasn't worked for you. I was at someone's house the other day and put my hand on the end of their couch armrest and ewwwwwww. I didn't put my hand back there for the entire visit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you tried purchasing a scratching post for your kitty, one in each room he frequents? Carpeted or sisal scratching posts can be purchased at Pet Co, Pet Smart or any number of places that sell pet supplies. Then all you have to do is train your cat to use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts