Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I'm new to this Forum and I'm looking for HELP. Tiger, our cat, is almost a year old and is huge for his age. But my main reason is, how do I get to stop him from spraying. I've told my husband if he doesn't stop we have to get his "nuts" cut which my husband totally disagrees with. But I won't do it, I'm just mad, just can't stand that smell.

-Sandra-

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Tiger will not stop spraying until he's neutered. Tell your husband not to worry, that nuetered Toms live healthier, safer lives than cats left intact.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John just came home from work for his lunch break. I showed him your posts and he said that he wants to have a kid from Tiger just like he had from his first dog. :cry:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Well, you won't get a "kid", you'll get 3-5 of them (if not more ;)) And you'll have to find a healthy female cat (adding to your responsibility), keep the male and female seperated, make sure momma kitty is getting the optimal care and nutrition during her pregnancy, deal with the expenses from possible complications that could arise at birth, raise the kittens for at least 10 weeks, wean them, litter train them, make sure they get all their shots and stay healthy, socialize them properly, find them very good homes, see to it that they'll be spayed and neutered, get mom and dad and whatever kitten you keep spayed and neutered (ca-ching! $$)...

It's a lot of work, and that's just the tip of the iceburg. Not to mention the fact that you'll be bringing more non-purebred kittens into the world, when we have an overpopulation problem already.

Do you really want all that work? 'Cause I gotta tell ya, neutering will be less dangerous, less painful, less time, and less money than having a litter of kittens :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMGosh!
Hey, this might sound crazy,well it did sound crazy to me, but my husband was asking if you can freeze Tigers' sperms, before he gets neutered.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spacemonkey said:
Well, you won't get a "kid", you'll get 3-5 of them (if not more ) And you'll have to find a healthy female cat (adding to your responsibility), keep the male and female seperated, make sure momma kitty is getting the optimal care and nutrition during her pregnancy, deal with the expenses from possible complications that could arise at birth, raise the kittens for at least 10 weeks, wean them, litter train them, make sure they get all their shots and stay healthy, socialize them properly, find them very good homes, see to it that they'll be spayed and neutered, get mom and dad and whatever kitten you keep spayed and neutered (ca-ching! $$)...
He only wants 1 kid, not all the other ones.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Okay, I know Tigger must be a very special cat to you, but "freezing his sperm"??

Why don't you just adopt a little homeless kitty from the shelter?

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
:roll: Men!

I would tell him to stop being so silly and egotistical, and get the poor cat neutered. Does he go outdoors? If so, just imagine all the kittens he has likely already produced, not to mention possible diseases he could have contributed to spreading, as I talked about in the other thread.

It really is silly top want a kitten from your cat, as all you'd have to do is take him to any shelter to see the product of similar situations - millions of unwanted cats and kittens. ANY kitten will be just as loveable and sweet as one fathered by your tom.

Good luck in persuading him, you can do it!

Oh, and unless your cat is a very valuable and perfect specimen of a pedigree, any mention of freezing sperm would raise nothing but hysterical laughter.

Ems

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He wants to carry on his bloodline, when Tiger is gonna die he has his son and so on. I just don't understand my husband.

emma_pen said:
Does he go outdoors?
Not at all! Inside cat 24/7 :wink: .

timskitties said:
You tell him I'm a guy and I think he's nuts. :p Please!! :)
I did! He had a smile in his face.

I think got him where he is gonna say "Yes". He said we will talk about it when he gets back from work.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Good luck. :)

I'm a guy, and as much as I love my two cats and dog, I'm not interested in getting one of their offspring... they're all fixed.

·
Banned
12,190 Posts
CrazyMommy said:
He wants to carry on his bloodline, when Tiger is gonna die he has his son and so on.
Well, I understand that concept with respect to purebred horses, dogs, and so forth, but it has absolutely no significance unless Tiger is a registered purebred cat who is mated to a registered purebred female. I take it that's not the case. Whatever offspring he gets from Tiger will be a pure random mix of a large pool of feline genes....there's no telling what the offspring would be like. Chances are they wouldn't be like Tiger at all.

·
Registered
521 Posts
yay! thats good news. i can understand his point (nothing could make me happier than to have tiny little kittens to help raise!!!) but i will resist! cuz i dont want to raise the number of animals in shelters, or take the spots of possible adoptions witht eh kittens. so ya, im glad your kitty will be fixed. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts