Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't pay your storage fees for three months, the company can auction it off. Bidders can stand at the door and look, but can't go in and can't touch anything.

I love this show - I can't wait to see what's inside!

Storage Wars - A&E TV

I stumbled upon this new show on A&E and I'm hooked!! There's a marathon on tomorrow, so I'll record the episodes I haven't seen.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
That sounds similar to Auction Hunters (I think that's what it's called).....I stumbled upon it a couple weeks ago after looking for something to watch when nothing else was on. I love that show now!!!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I love the show also, but secretly feel bad for the people who are losing their stuff. Of course, I don't feel bad enough to not watch.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
My folks had a household goods moving/storage company and we always went through the defaulted units first, pulling items we wanted or had need of and public-auctioning the rest as a group. I do know Mom made an effort to get photographs and important papers back to their people/family but everything else (sentimental, heirlooms and/or antiques) was forfeited and auctioned unless they paid their storage fees up-to-date.

I like both of those shows, though I do wish they'd pull the things out of the units. I guess they do that to keep the gamble aspect alive ... and if they pulled all items out for viewing, they may not get enough bids to cover the back-storage on enough of the 'poorer' units. Hit-and-miss works both ways for the bidders and the storage business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts