Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the real ones, but these fly by night contractors that blow into town every time we have bad storms. We had tennis ball sized hail last weekend and now these guys are everywhere, knocking door to door even. :evil: drives me nuts.

I had two very sexy looking women knock on my door yesterday wanting to replace my roof. Aside from the fact that I cannot picture either one of these babes going up a ladder with a roll of iceguard or bale of shingles on their shoulder, I do not need a new roof and they are not touching it.

"yeah, you see that roof? it's only 2 years old, it's the best owens corning shingles they make. And you know what? I DID IT MYSELF, no insurance claims, my own sweat and blood. now GTH off my property" :x

end rant... :flame :fust

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Oh, Steve! What if that was Merry? (Mitts and Tess) For shame! But good for you for doing the job. :)

I used to help my father (carpenter/contractor) ...I was a gopher, mostly, but that "job" had an abrupt ending when the ladder slipped out from under me while my father was putting the roof on our new house. My brother (Mr. Muscles) pulled me up with one hand, while my mother stood wringing her hands. 8O

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
catnip said:
Not the real ones, but these fly by night contractors that blow into town every time we have bad storms. We had tennis ball sized hail last weekend and now these guys are everywhere, knocking door to door even. :evil: drives me nuts.

I had two very sexy looking women knock on my door yesterday wanting to replace my roof.
and the problem was?? :?

:p

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
catnip said:

I had two very sexy looking women knock on my door yesterday wanting to replace my roof. Aside from the fact that I cannot picture either one of these babes going up a ladder with a roll of iceguard or bale of shingles on their shoulder, I do not need a new roof and they are not touching it.

"yeah, you see that roof? it's only 2 years old, it's the best owens corning shingles they make. And you know what? I DID IT MYSELF, no insurance claims, my own sweat and blood. now GTH off my property" :x

end rant... :flame :fust

Hummpt...........probably 'gypsies' out looking for "suckers". Glad you're aware of 'em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts