Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok.. remember i was concern about stray cat eating out of dumpster and found out she has a kitten, well she has three not one!!! they are hanging around my patio area most of the time. i have been leaving food for mom cat and i know that is why they are hanging around!! the problem i have is that i take my cat out from patio and that is getting to be a problem, my cats are hissing at nite because of that. i am trying to help but it has caused me some issues. neither mom or kittens let me get close to them and i really don't want to seperate the mom from kittens, it is getting cold at nite and i feel sorry for them. i saw them curled up together on my pattio chair which has a cotton cushion on it. i don't know if i should quit putting food outside and let it be someone elses problem or not but i know i am not like that and i just can't do it, so i am wondering what i should do.
by the way i live in condo complex not a house so i don't have a private back yard, my patio opens to big area with lake and tree and bushes and neighbors around me.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
If you plan to keep feeding her and the kitties, can you put out a shelter box for them? A styrofoam cooler with a hole in side or end for them to enter and exit would make a good shelter. Line it with several sections of newspaper, and then shredded newspaper on the top. Newspaper can be replaced from time to time. Put the food in it to get them used to it. It would offer them more protection from the rain, snow, cold than having them sleeping open to elements on a chair. Their body heat would give them some warmth. Anchor the chair down with something heavy so it doesn't tip over in a strong wind. Once she's established coming there regularly, you should try and borrow a livetrap from humane society and have her spayed, or she will have another litter. Cats can have 3 litters a year. Give us an update on what you decide to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts