Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Little Guy likes to be in the bathroom every morning while I am showering for work. Thing is though, he likes to be sitting on the edge of the tub, between the inner and outer shower curtains. I always know when he is there, even without my glasses and being blind as a bat, because I see his outline where he is sitting. He waits for me to finish, and then when I am drying off, he jumps up on the sink counter and demands to be petted all over his neck and head. He just loves it! I swear I could do it for half an hour, if I had that much time available. Is there something about the humidity that he likes? Maybe it feels better then other times, when he get a static electricity shock? Anyone else's cats do this?

I really enjoy our quality time together, my guy and his dad. Mama doesn't like it when I tell her how much Little let me pet on him. He actually fell asleep with his head in my hand 2 days ago. It seems as if he can't start his day without getting his special attention.

Just wanted to share, sorry about the length.

Bryon

·
Registered
328 Posts
There was a thread a while ago about cats' behaviour in the bathroom. It seems there are quite a lot of cats out there who like to join their owners in the bathroom! My cat sometimes sits on the edge of the bathtub and dips his paw in the bubbles. I guess they don't want to let us out of their sight! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lately, it has been Solsice cat who sits on the side of my bathtub, while I am showering. Sometimes she will sit on the comode and watch me. I often wonder if they are concerned about my welfare while I am showering. :wink: I say "they" because, it can be Tiger, or Otis who often stays with me in the bathroom.

·
Registered
209 Posts
all 3 of my cats are very curious about bathroom duties. no matter what i'm doing, at least one of them is in there watching. woody likes to sit in the sink while i'm using the toilet, and sometimes she sleeps in the shower stall. she used to watch me in the shower, peeking around the curtain looking at me as if thinking "what the heck are you doing, VOLUNTARILY letting yourself get wet like that???" reeko and lint like to headbutt my ankles while i'm brushing my teeth, i'm not sure what's so facinating about that!

when woody was a kitten, she was a bit TOO curious about the toilet. my boyfriend went in there to pee and she followed, like always. he said she was facinated with the stream of pee. this time she hopped up on the edge of the toilet and swatted at it! she swatted a little too hard and lost her balance, and fell right in the toilet. i heard him laughing and he called me in to see. there was little woody, sitting in the toilet looking very embarrassed. :lol: i plucked her out and gave her a bath, and she hasn't gone near the toilet since!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
My cats used to love sitting in the curtain lining but now that they have gotten a shower recently a few months ago, they are nowhere to be seen when I shower nowadays. When I finish, Sugar comes to investigate the shampoo bottles and the bathtub drain. Its cute how your kitty wants so much attention, I bet he is thinking he better get all the attention before you leave for work! :p

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I am just lucky to have such a loveable Little Guy. He makes me smile every morning. It's as if it is his way of saying "Have a nice day Daddy". Still I wonder if the increased humidity doesn't have something to do with it. As cold as it has been in MD lately, anytime I try to pet those boys , we both end up getting shocked. Darn electric heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts