Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for three days now a strange cat has been circling my house wailing. Its not a fighting sound, almost a"crying" like she/he lost his best friend. My cat, a neutered female seems to be sympathetic since she is not chasing thee other cat off just stands off and watches. She has been very appreciative of me, more so that usual. . it does not seem to be hungry and I cant get it to come to me. I feel sorry for it but cant help it. What does this behavior indicate?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The strange ca'st wailing is possibly an indication she's in heat and she's calling for a male to mate, and if she's rolling around on the ground from time to time is also a sign of heat and this could go on for another week. Another possibility is she is in pain with some sort of injury-----it can often sound the same!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right. She is in heat, I rrember now that sound and thats what it is. I hope it doesnt last much longer because I am tired of hearing her at 4 in the morning, pacing and howling. I wont chase her off because I think that is mean and would not want someone chasing my cat off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts