Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Buddy, our newest little guy, is the most affectionate cat I've ever had. He loves to be held and petted and he has this weird thing that he does and I've only noticed it happen to me and not my husband.

He will jump up on the back of my neck while I'm sitting in a chair and he'll put his little paws on my head and proceeds to gnaw on or "chew" on my head! He did this same thing to me one day while he was at my front so I pulled him off my head and he stretched out his arms trying to keep a hold of me!

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this. I'm thinking it's some weird form of affection or else it's his way of sharpening his teeth. Or maybe he's trying to tell me I have lice or something!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hey, I thought it was just *my* cat who was this weird! :lol: My boy Sundance loves to chew on hair; and on my pal Jackson, who shaves his head, he chews anyway! Anyone who comes in the house, stranger or not, is fair game; but he especially likes herbal shampoos! Go figure!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
28 Posts
my kitten also loves to "eat" my hair... but only when i leave it curly... if i blow dry it straight the closest she will come is batting at it.. but she wont chew... i thought she was just an oddball...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tyson's been chewing my hair since day one. When I'm sitting on the couch, he hops up and starts pawing and snipping at my hair. When I'm sleeping, he usually joins my head on my pillow and starts to lick and chew on it. Tyra's not as fond of my hair, but she enjoys licking my eyebrows quite a bit. Cats are funny! Perhaps it's their way of grooming us, the way they groom eachother.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I had a cat once that liked to chew on my hair, too.

but he especially likes herbal shampoos!
That's funny because i used an herbal shampoo, and when my hair was still wet, this same cat would try to suck on a strand rather than just chew like when it was dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts