Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for you time and concern. So one of my fiancé and I's cat, Zsuska (3 years old DLH, black) has been acting very strange lately.

Here's a recap of what he does:

-He is constantly twitching his back.
-He is constantly licking his lips and shaking his head, almost like a nervous twitch.
-He has been under the couch for most of the day, which he never used to be. When he does come out for food (we have to call him) he will eat, then run back under. He's been doing this for close to a week.

We just got back from the vet and the Dr. said there is nothing physically wrong with him. However, they are worried it is something neurological.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Hoping he gets better...

Michael

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
You are right. There is definitely something wrong. I would go to another vet. Sounds serious. Cats hide sickness and problems as a matter of survival so by the time we humans notice something is off its well into what ever is going on.

The back twitching throws me. Otherwise I would think it might be mites deep into his ear canal. Or maybe allergic reaction to the food you giving him. I'm sure you'll get more replies that might help you find what is going on with him.

Thanks for caring about your kitty enough to be proactive and not let him suffer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was there any clear point at which this all started?
Not that we can recall...nothing has changed in our house. He seemed to start it about a week ago. He was just out as usual and then began twitching and licking his lips. Behaviorally he also changed a lot. He was a very social cat and now he is under the couch all day.

Thank you again for the help.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts