Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Shye hurt her paw about a month ago and was limping. When we got her home from the emergency vet she started to act strangely. She hid behind the tv for days. We had to bring her potty, food and water down near her.

Her paw seems better now, although she holds it up occasionally. She has been walking around, lets us pet her and look at her paw. This is not what worries us. She jumps at every sound. She cozies up to me then runs when my husband across the room moves. She hides most of the day behind the tv and sleeps in the corner of the closet. Then today she urinated on the carpet (just a little) then covered it up with some soil from a large plant nearby. We made an appt. with her reg. vet tomorrow. I hope they can help her.

We don't know what to do. Do you think she'll ever be our sweet cat again? Has anyone been through this? Give us some advise or reassurance. :cry:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The trip to the vet should eliminate some of the probable causes
The first should be that her paw is still upsetting her. The second - URI.
If none of these are at fault here are some things that may be the cause for her accidents:
- hooded litter box
- smelly litter - it needs to be changed at least 1 every 2 weeks
- smelly litter box - that needs thourough desinfection with hot water and clorox+detergent (2ice a month)
- texture of the litter - a different brand might help fix the problem

I assume she is spayed...

Let us know how the trip to the vet goes - best of luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're back from the vet. Shye had two breaks on one toe. She's on kitty ibuprofin and needs to stay in her room for two weeks so she doesn't aggravate it any more than she has to. The doctor said that she should be better in a couple weeks. Poor thing.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I am glad to hear you have got that under control - she should be better soon
*hugs*for the kitty :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
That is so sad about her paw. Do you have any idea what happened? Poor kitty. I'm glad the vet helped you out and further TLC will accelerate Shye to full recovery.

p.s. what a neat name

1 - 6 of 6 Posts