Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a major emergency but I thought it could be important?

I've been hearing Sugar Pie make noises from his throat, sort of like a soft whine and he gives a little snort like sound sometimes, that usually happens when i pick him up and hold him on his back like a baby. It just happened a few minutes ago i went to pet him while he was dozing and as i petted him and he rolled over on his back a little and it happened. It seems like it happens mostly when he is on his sides almost on his back and actually on his back. I wondered if this is anything to worry about? Maybe related to his breathing or something? If anyone has had any similar experience or any advice about this I'd greatly appreciate it =) thanks!

Have a safe Memorial day!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Probably nothing to worry about. It could be that his soft palate is a little long and "waves in the breeze" when he breathes, or is very relaxed. Occasionally you'll get a cat with a smallish trachea that will make a noise. Or there could be a little post-nasal drip going on. If he's overweight, that could do it too.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response!! He has done it for a few months now, i'm glad it was nothing to worry about because i didn't pay much attn to it. He weighs 14.5 lbs so i would consider him a little overweight, not much probably. Thanks again, good news for me =)

Cheers2u2, Ally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts