Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know why, but my cat loves to play with plastic bags and tin foil balls and shoes... he can play for hours with all of them..

Whats your cats favorite strange toy(s)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My male cat, Billy, likes to play with dish washing cloths. He also has a teddy bear he likes to play with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Coca Cola has started putting their 12 pack cans into a box that accommodates a 2 X 6 arrangement of cans, instead of the old 3 X 4 previously used. Noticing that Kiwi liked getting into the box after removal of the cans, and seeing her problem of not enough room to turn and face the opening, we knocked each end out so that she could walk all the way through. We discovered she loved for you to pick the box up by the holes that are built into the box for carrying. The only problem is that the box soon tears at the hole, and it's unusable. We remedied that by wrapping duct tape around the box next to the holes, and it holds very well now. Being Coke drinkers, we always have a fresh box when the old one finally wears out.

Kiwi is wild about it, always running and lying down in them waiting to be carried. She even seems to prefer it to being carried in your arms. :roll:

Any one seeing us would think we were awful strange, walking through the house carrying a Coca Cola box with a cat lying in it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i gave my kitten an old sock and he loves to play with it, it drives him nuts. are ping pong balls considered weird?

·
Registered
30 Posts
my cat loves phone cords (cant begin to tell you how many times i have been disconnected from a phone call) and he also loves wrapping paper. it took me almost 3 hours to wrap 3 present during christmas time

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pebbles loved licking plastic bags to death! Snow White loved getting pushed around in a doll's pram. Toffee goes crazy with knots (that she'd attempt to untie), closed boxes (that she'd try to pry open) and rolling in shredded paper. And all the females I've had love sitting under open umbrellas - I'm guessing they think it makes them look pretty. Oh, and Toffee loves admiring herself in the mirror, and watching the telly. heh...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Frosty loves twisties(when he can find them for I take them away from him) and icecubes; he also loves to knock off my mail, he actually won't shy away from anything - he takes pleasure into exploring almost everything. I am grateful he didn't want to have anything to do with electric cords and other things that are dangerous to him.
Cheerio is more of a traditional type kitty - she is still very shy so she sticks with her toys only for now :wink:
Bart also plays with the toys and the funny thing is that he plays fetch - he is so cute coming mieowing back to me putting his "preys" at my feet - good kitty :D

G

·
0 Posts
My newest cat, Snickers will play with anything! Cat food, dog food, hairballs, socks, and the list goes on. Sheba, on the other hand only likes to play with the laser pointer and the furry mouse on a stick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Weird play-toys...

Well, I'd say the weirdest things our cats like to play with - and this varies among the five of them - is clothes/sheets, straws, and the funniest is when our cat Pud came up the stairs carrying an empty beer can in his mouth. Man I wish we coulda' got a picture!

·
Registered
697 Posts
My kitty has an unfortunate habit of playing with the dirty laundry! We've had to change our laundry basket after too many embarrassing experiences. I'll never forgeT the look on my friends faces as he padded into our lounge, my knickers wrapped around his head. He proceded to lie down in front of everyone and toss them about, pulling at the elastic. Ultimate mortification! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maya likes to hide around corners and underneath things, waiting, so that the minute you walk by, she leaps out at you with both paws straight up in the air and "tags" you on the leg, then takes off running to a new hiding spot. If you don't chase her, she comes out again and watches you sadly until you get down on your hands and knees and find her, and then if you have a staring contest with her for about 20 seconds, all the sudden her pupils get huge and she leaps out at you with both paws up again! It is so funny to watch, her little arms coming at you... although if she gets too close and you don't move, she is very careful not to scratch, just touch.... my sweet, silly kitty. :D
Other than that, she loves all the toys we've brought her... the cats I grew up with never really liked playing with toys but Maya can entertain herself for hours!
Oh and she also insists on scooping pieces of her dry food out of the bowl and chasing them around the kitchen for a while before she eats them... killing her prey, i guess!

·
Registered
90 Posts
All my cats play with their toys. These are the weird ones

Buttons, likes to play with buttons on the computer, printer, tv, anything (I didn't know this when I name her Buttons). She plays with the bubbles when I am washing up and also splashes the drinking water all over the floor. She also loves to play with potato peeling.

Tara loves cardboard and I have come home twice to find a box file ripped to shreds.

Felix likes anything that makes a sound like silver paper, cellophane, etc. He also runs about the house with a strip of cardboard in his mouth and growls at the others if they come near it.

Pebbles plays with feathers and puts them in her food. :roll:

·
Registered
656 Posts
My cats love to play with the ring around the top of the milk jug i think that is the strangest thing they play with, however Lilly has some yarn mice she loves to play with to.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Velvet likes to play with dental floss. I really try not to encourage this, since I don't want her digging it out of the garbage. :wink:

·
Registered
209 Posts
woody is a milk ring fiend. she comes running as soon as i pull it off the jug. there must be several dozen of them under the couch, dresser, etc...

reeko and lint seem to like, uh, er...air. they run around attacking things that don't even exist :lol:

lint also likes tearing up plastic bags. he doesn't chew on them, he just paws at them and rolls around in them. i think he just likes the noise.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have spent countless dollars, only to find that my cat loves the free toys! I have a throw rug that I got, at first I got mad because she would scratch it, but then I decided I don't like the rug and I let her scratch it because now it is the only thing she really scratches; It is also her toy, she loves to dig underneath. She also likes cork tops from wine bottles! and anything with a feather, anything moving in a straight line, and anything that is pretty much NOT a toy! :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Badness likes to play with the clear caps of water bottles, well, just about any little plastic cap.

Scrappy likes to play with just about anything that moves. Everything is a possible toy. When the movers had taken my dresser out of my room, I found her stash of toys. LOL!!!! She had barrettes, contact lens case caps, beads, earrings, pen caps all kinds of things under there. It was so cute! :lol:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
2sillycats said:
She had barrettes, contact lens case caps, beads, earrings, pen caps all kinds of things under there. It was so cute! :lol:
They make anything a toy, don't they? When you mentioned earrings I was reminded how Velvet helped me find one not long ago. I had dropped a pearl earring on the bathroom floor while I was getting ready for work. I looked and looked, couldn't find the darn thing. That night Velvet was in the bathroom and I hear a little "clink". Sure enough she is in there playing with my earring!! I was happy to find it and very relieved she didn't swallow it! :shock:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts