Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance's dearly departed cat TC used to sleep on a pile of old comic books in a box. Peanut has decided to start sleeping in a small box full of papers. It's the most uncomfortable place for a cat to sleep, but he seems to be at home with his face shoved up against a bunch of papers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gives me another chance to post a pic of my dear cat Slugger who crossed the Rainbow Bridge Christmas night. I took this in 2006. I looked over and there he was in the flower pot taking a nap. This is one of my all time favorites.:catmilk:catmilk

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
What a sweet pic of Slugger.

I can't think of any really strange places where the kids choose to sleep. Blankets, cat trees, me, things like that are the usual choices. Of course if I buy them something new, or try to offer them different (like a new blanket or pillow) they ignore it.

After I post this I know I am going to find a cat sleeping on a monitor, or some thing like that :p

·
Registered
823 Posts
The dryer, specifically when it is full of all whites. Truman has built in magnetic properties that draws him toward anything white. I woke him up trying to take this picture. We now keep the dryer closed when unsupervised.

Back in the day, I'd find Oscar anywhere that involved height, especially stacks of boxes. We were moving when this pic was taken so we had boxes everywhere. I finally put down a blanket for him. Here, he is seen in his famous owl head pose.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What cute pictures!!

Layla used to sleep on my head when she was really little but unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that. Here are a few of her sleeping on a cardboard nail scratching post where she must have been about 3 months old. Now that she's bigger she can't sleep laying on it but she does use it as a pillow. Apparently we don't have enough soft pillows/ couches/ comforters/ beds in our apartment for her to lay on. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
I once found my Mom's 2 kittens (about 6 mos old at the time) asleep in a box of old shoes in the garage. I took a picture, but that was years ago and don't have it anymore.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Apple likes to sleep underneath my dresser. There's a space about 4 inches high underneath it so she squeezes around the back and shuffles herself down underneath. It's where she spends a good portion of each afternoon.

Pedro can usually be found underneath my sewing machine desk in the late evenings.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Miss M has a nice soft kitty bed inside and a custom kitty house with garage outside, but where does she like to sleep...

Please know it was full of water when she jumped in and curled up.
Also know that not three feet away is this:

Last but not least, know that the window the first picture was taken from is a French door. The second door was open and directly inside said door was the kitty bed.

She's nuts.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I love all the sleeping pictures! I often find Muffs sleeping on my treadmill...perhaps she's tired from running!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
mine like to sleep in my closet. lol. ive since put a cat bed on the floor of my closet to accomodate. how pathetic am i? lol.

Simba, not so much anymore, but will once in a while sleep in the sink. lol.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ok, so i came up with (more than) a few pics. lol. Sorry if theyre small, the site kinda resized them for me, but theyre almost too small.

Simba in a basket

Got tired while doing his work

Not an odd place, but continued to sleep while covered up

Boo on a pillow, on the couch

And on a pillow, on the chair!

Simba in the sink! (shapewise i could see, but isnt it COLD??)

Behind my bed. He has only done this the once

This was hilarious!

He had dragged his bed into the middle of the hallway!! Then i guess later decided, well, its here, may as well have a nap!

Wheres Boo? lol

And this one isnt really sleeping at all, but i just couldnt resist it

Looks like hes ready to watch the game or something! lol

·
Registered
520 Posts
About a month ago, Little Hersh decided to start sleeping on a Cheerios box on top of the fridge. Now he does it every day:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
In this case, I guess mine are normal? They sleep in cat beds, a cat tent or sometimes on a giant stuffed turtle. (don't ask) They don't want to sleep with me either so I don't have them on my bed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aside from the usual weird spots like sinks, bath tubs, open drawers, or anything warm like computers, radiators, and under my lizards heat lamp, or anything high up like refrigerators, dressers, window sills, and the top of the back of the couch...
When 'little kitty' was a kitten, she used to fall asleep ON 'big kitty's back. Big kitty was fat and slept deeply, so little kitty would veeeery carefully tip toe onto her back to take a nap. At the time big kitty kinda hated her (they eventually became serious best friends) but little kitty really admired her and wanted to be buddies, so this was her only chance to cuddle haha.
Sand Man liked to sleep inside the greasy underside of cars. He'd come out covered with oil... needless to say my mom didn't like greasy paw prints, although it did lead her to him so she could capture and bathe him. When he was a kitten he slept inside my dads shoes.
My babygirl, Azrielle, is definitely the strangest sleeper... she likes to sleep in my lap! Gasp! Seriously, shes the only kitty I've ever had that sleeps in 'normal' places. She even sleeps in her kitty bed, but only if there's a plastic grocery bag sitting on it. At night she sleeps on my fiance's chest with her face an inch from his, or she sleeps under the blanket in my arms in a spooning position.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts