Cat Forum banner

Stray Cat Help

Tags
stray
658 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Midnight_Paw 
#1 ·
There are several cats who hang out in my apartment complex's parking lot. Four live at the house next door and have food, shelter, routine vet care, etc. Two are sort of skittish and rarely seen, and two are exceptionally friendly and will run up to people they see hoping for pets. I literally can't leave my apartment without those two wanting attention. There is also a Maine **** who lives down the street, but gets food and shelter from someone across the street. He's very affectionate with people and loves attention, but is extremely aggressive with other cats. None of this would be a huge issue, except for the fact there is a newbie hanging around. Someone dumped a Siamese a few months ago and it seems completely feral. It's afraid of people and the other cats. It's been surviving by stealing food from my neighbors. My next door neighbors don't want a fifth cat. My across the street neighbors can't take it because the Maine **** is so aggressive. The only shelter it has are the undersides of vehicles in the parking lot. I am trying to gain its trust and offer treats, but it hides under cars and won't come close- especially if there are other cats around. I'd set food out, but the neighbor cats would just eat it. Any ideas for how I could gain this cat's trust/offer food while trying to avoid the neighborhood cats as much as possible? I can't do those big humane traps since I'd probably just catch the neighbors' cats. I also want to avoid animal control as much as possible since nearby shelters are not "no-kill". I'd keep it if I could catch it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.