Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted last week about a stray cat we are taking care of. I called the humane society today and listed him with them. We just put fliers up also.

How long should we wait for the owners to claim him? It will be 2 weeks on Friday since he started hanging around.

I do not want to take away someone's pet, but I don't want to become attached and have the owners show up in a couple of months and claim him after we've taken him in.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yep, I agree, a week to week and a half after fliers and listing the cat with humane society it plenty. If the owners really are looking, most likely they would find kitty by then. You've done your part. Good job and good luck! :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
You may want to check local ordinances. It's unlikely, but there's a possibility you could find something a bit more concrete.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I agree wth Rob. Find the local ordinance--but then add a few days. I couldn't keep a cat if the owners showed up a few days later. Have you put an ad in the paper or just posted fliers? They can take short cuts and get very far away from home. Good luck, Mismodliz! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts