Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For roughly 5 years maybe there's been the same cat living around my house. Our landlord and I have helped take care of and look after her (gender assumed based on fur pattern) all this time. Even though she doesn't allow us physical contact since she always runs 5 feet away and just stare, she's never aggressive. And has 2 places she often likes to nap in the yard. The other day the landlord said she seemed to be acting off but didn't explain too well how. Today I just saw her laying in her usual place to nap but she's laying fully on her side instead of her usual napping position and I'm worried. I can't tell properly if she's moving [breathing] without fearing I'll startle her if she really is just napping. I really don't know what to do and I've grown to love her after all these years.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If the weather is warm, she may be doing the Long Cat thing. I hope she is ok, espcially since nobody can catch her.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Is she still lying on her side in the same spot? If she is, I would just walk up towards her so that you're close enough to her that you can see if she is breathing or not. If she is breathing, throw a small stone near her to see if she responds by flicking her ears or raising head, etc. If she doesn't she may be sick and dying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. It seems she was just doing a "long cat lay" since she's been moving about and eating normally a couple hours after I posted and still currently. Guess I was worried for nothing. She's napping as usual now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts