Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This huge stray cat has been hanging around for about a week now. he will not let anyone get close to him so i am guessing he is a feral cat. i went down the road because a person who mainly is a hoarder has a lot of cats and I asked if she had a big fluffy orange one and she said no but one got into a fight with her cats last month. I had Dice outside a few days ago with me and the stray was in the back yard and Dice was to and they got along fine. I called dice over to me though and put him back in the house. I havn't let any of my cats out since then and they are about to drive me nuts but they need to learn to be strictly indoor cats anyway. I was taking my ferret out yesterday and he was sitting there staring at me. he has been living in my garage(I put a dog house in there) he can come and go as he pleases but since it gets cold at night I let him stay in there. I also put some food in there. As long as he doesn't do any harm I don't really care that he is in there. I would like to make friends with him but he is an olderish cat it looks like. Thunder and fat Albert were feral but both were only a few months old when I found them and it only took a week for them to trust me. He now sits across the yard from the garage and sees me put food in the bowl and then when i got back in the house he goes and eats. he is a really pretty cat and reminds me of a cat I used to have.

here is a really bad pic of him. If I see him again(he hasnt should up yet today) I will try and get a better pic of him.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
He looks very handsome! You never know. He might eventually warm up to you if you feed him. Blacky took a year before I could pet her, she didn't trust humans. She's now been in our family for ~10 years. She was spayed and everything, so she'd previously had some form of human contact - no idea how old she really is, but she wasn't a kitten when we started feeding her and we thought she was really old due to her teeth condition and blurry ear tattoo... but hey, it's been 10 years!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He comes on the porch now to eat :) He runs when I open the door but not far and once I shut the door he is back on the porch. He went missing for a few days and I got worried(a family of fox's live under a garage in the house by me) but he came back :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is missing again. I can't find him anywhere. I leave food out there but he doesn't come:(

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
oh the poor kitty! i hope he comes back to you. he actually looks like a total sweetie - just scared. if you don't see him again, i can only hope he finally found his way to his real home at last. i'm praying for him!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi,

First of all I must say he is a gorgeous cat!

Maybe he comes to eat and drink in the night... If he is shy, he may be coming around and you not seeing him. Sometimes stray/feral cats go missing for more than a few days.
Don't despair, your friend may have several places he visits where he is also fed and cared for... Feral/stray cats have extended territories, ranging from a few blocks from a few miles...
If you keep a constant supply of food and water at your place, he is very likely to visit you again!

Keep us posted pls

sandyrivers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts