Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was walking in my neighborhood and noticed a very shy, very small tuxedo cat with no collar wandering around. I know that there are no outdoor cats in my neighborhood, so this was very strange. I couldn't get very close to him or her, so I'm pretty sure that she didn't have a collar on, but not positive. She couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 pounds... very tiny. What should I do? I can't really go catch her or anything as she ran off. I saw a listing for a missing tuxedo cat who fits the description online, but that was for an area about 30 minutes away from me by car and was listed about 8 months ago. Any suggestions? I'm thinking that I should just do nothing; she could be someone's pet out for the night... maybe a neighbor I don't know (but I know almost all of my neighbors' pets, as I have a successful neighborhood petsitting business). She could be from a few streets over or something... but she could also be someone's lost baby. Unfortunately "small tuxedo cat" could be hundreds of kitties.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, update. I haven't seen the kitty at all since then, but today she wandered across my yard. Well, I'm pretty sure it's the same cat, same size, also a tuxedo, and very shy. I tried to follow her, but lost track. I left some food out for her. Anyone know what I should do? It's possible that she's a neighbor's cat, but she has no collar and I know pretty much all of my neighbors' pets.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Keep leaving food out for her in the same spot every night - she will make a habit and come around. I hope you can help the little baby!
You could also sort of ask around and see if there is any rumor of a lost kitty.
Best of luck and keep us up to date with how you are doing :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts