Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a stray kitten that came up to my patio door earlier today crying, I went out to try to get him and he ran off. Heard him a few more times, once out in the garage where the garbage is kept, I live in a condo complex and then again over on my neighbor's patio. I have been unable to catch this guy, appears to only be 4-5 months old, and he cries pretty loud. I have left my patio door open all day so I can hear him if he gets near, always comes back...Anyway, it's getting dark here now and I just saw him again, but couldn't get near him, was really hoping that someone else had gotten him and took him in, but he is still out.

So, it will be about 10 outside tonight, a bit of snow on the ground. Put one of my old covered litter boxes on the patio and stuffed a blanket in it and put a small dish of food in there to hopefully lead him to the makeshift shelter.

Is there anything else I can do? He probably belongs to someone around here, but haven't heard anything or seen any postings for a cat...It's still only 6pm here so I'm leaving the door open in case he comes back, which I imagine he will.

·
Registered
226 Posts
you probably can't catch him till he build trust on you. for now with cold weather you are doing a great thing leave him some food and shelter out in the patio.
i have been doing the same thing for few stray cats in my area, on cold nites i crack open my garage and let them come inside to keep warm and something to eat.

·
Registered
226 Posts
P/s: u have no ideas how many stray cats are in my area till you try to feed one and leave food outside!! There are about 5 now!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He actually keeps going over to the neighbor's porch and meowing, loud. Which is in turn driving Diego (my extreme alpha kitty) crazy. Neighbor's aren't home and honestly not sure if anyone lives there even. If I go outside he runs and hides in the gutter....maybe next time I'll just go out and sit in the snow and see if he eventually comes over.

I know that there are a few strays in my neighborhood, this one just worries me since he is just a little guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts