Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. There is cat on my stairs meowing like crazy.. She "peaches" Has a collar but we called the owner and they don't seem concerned...
She does not look like an outside cat.. and is begging to come in.. I can't let her of course.. Tierney is hissing at her under the front door..

I gave her food, water and treats... What do i do?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some pics of her..

She is so pretty.. I don't think she has her claws.. she is sooooooooo affectionate.. rubbing my legs purring...

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
What exactly DID the owners say?
If she doesn't have her front claws, she's in a dangerous position being outside, especially in florida with all the other animals out there. Does the cat live in your complex?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idk exactly what he said.. my BF talked to him.. he said ok, and that he lived around the corner.. idk if that means in out complex or not.... I Just dont' know..

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
"okay"...um, how about, "Thanks for calling, I'll be right there to pick her up."

What a jerk. I guess you're doing what you can. Can you look up there address on the internet (based on their name and/or number) and maybe drop her off at their place? Not that it should be your responsibility, but for her safety??

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.. i have a call into the office of the complex.. theya re looking through the records to see if they can find her in anyones...

He seemed to be a jerk.. from my BF's end of the converstation..

I wonder if it was a kid.. or if we woke the guy up..

G

·
0 Posts
She's so pretty! I don't think that irresponsible people should have pets. I'd be so tempted to take her in if the owner really doesn't care about her.

·
Registered
327 Posts
if that cat is begging to come in what kind of owner does he/she have that doesnt even care? if my cat was outdoors and did that to someone else's door that has another cat i'd immediately take him in...i'd take him..he obviously can care less...the cats showing affection to a stranger from the door...i think that should tell sometihng about the owner ..

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No kidding.. and if we were allowed more than 2 cats i would take her in a second..

I just went out to check on her.. and she is gone.. but we have another...

This one wont let you near it.. i know it's a stray.. we usually see it around the dumpster... there is a whole family that lives there..

·
Registered
363 Posts
At least the tortie looks well cared for - shiny coat, not too skinny....but with all that meowing, maybe she's in heat?
As for the other guy...that one breaks my heart....all skinny, and scared of you. :(

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never thought of her being in heat.. it could be.. she wouldn't stop meowing... Oh well.. no sign of either of them in the past 4 hours..

I will keep my eye open though.. and food ready.. I have some old IAMS that i will not give my cats.. and some samples from when i was trying different foods... Good for strays.. it's why i keep it.. there are a few who come around every now and again.. Peaches worried me though.. stupid owners!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts